Our client is a global firm that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. They seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the most excellent opportunities to the industry's brightest talent.
Their newly established Warsaw office gives them access to world-class talent with a reputation for excellence and innovation. They are looking to build an office of subject-matter experts whose fresh perspectives will help evolve the infrastructure and advance the capabilities of their teams.
The perfect candidate should have relevant experience in the financial services or technology industry and will have the opportunity to work with the Head of Office and other senior leaders of the firm. Together they will build the company's first Central European office and first global Investment Services centre. Our client is searching for someone who has a successful track record leading a diverse Technology team within the Financial Services industry, with asset management as a plus. He/she should have a passion for building a culture of excellence and innovation and a commitment to helping the firm operate effectively and efficiently.
What you'll do
As the Technology Site Lead, you will be responsible for building and growing the technology organisation in the new Warsaw office. You'll work closely with recruitment to attract top talent from both local universities and professionals from the industry. You will also work closely with other tech leaders to ensure that you are servicing the business, providing innovative solutions while growing the capabilities of the team. You'll play an integral part in the mentorship and career development of the local technology team, and partner closely with your peers in the US.
- Attract and retain top university and industry talent
- Provide direct and indirect mentorship and career development to the technology team
- Identify and grow new technical and organisational leaders
- In close collaboration with peers in the USA, drive strategic decisions across technology while providing direction to the local employee population
- Work with your peers in the USA to ensure a consistent development practice across the technology organisation
- Serve as a member of the regional leadership team to build and develop the culture of the office
- Provide leadership to the local employees
- In partnership with the local HR team, own the performance management of local technology team
- Create centres of excellence that drive the strategic direction of the office
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with a minimum of five years leading large-scale technology teams
- Experience building out a new office including hiring a large number of employees
- Ability to generate innovative new ideas
- Strong problem-solving experience with a capacity to remove roadblocks
- The ability to manage conflict, build consensus while understanding when an executive decision is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an international organisation
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- The desire to solve severe problems with quality software
- A willingness to try the unknown and comfort with failing fast
- Demonstrated ability to coach technologists and technology leaders, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers