The client builds systems to solve real-world problems at scale, with an impact on tens of millions of people. There are phenomenal engineers (and managers, programme and product people) to learn from. They are agile and contemporary in their approach to building software and teams. There’s a great atmosphere and they work sustainably as a team. The client has a “do the right thing” mentality. They promote flexible working.
They are looking for 6 Software Development Managers
As a Software Development Manager, you’ll be leading an agile team of industry-leading engineers. You will be responsible for the future direction of the products that we build, solving problems, encouraging your team and developing new features through quality, scalable, performant and maintainable technical solutions. The solutions that you and your team will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting millions of customers.
- Regular 1-2-1s with all direct reports
- Build and nurture effective, high-performance teams that consistently deliver quality software whilst balancing time frames and needs.
- Take ownership for the delivery of specific outcomes, or work across wider groups in conjunction with programme management to deliver more significant outcomes.
- Remain a hands-on coder. Contribute code during team sprints.
- Continuously improve yourself and your team by suggesting and helping implement new Engineering processes and practices.
- Mentor less experienced developers.
- Effectively communicate your and your team’s progress to your team members, your Manager and other colleagues
- Java 8+ or C# minimum of 5 years experience
- Microsoft Azure or AWS
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices
- Fluent English
Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD tooling is a plus.
- Private medical care
- Multisport card
- Learning platforms such as Pluralsight and Safari books
- Development opportunities
- Competitive salary