About the Tesco Technology Contact Service team
Within Tesco Technology, Contact Service owns the Customer Contact domain. We build and maintain applications which power our ability to manage Tesco Customer Address Book & Consent choices. We build solutions which manage all Contact with Tesco Customers, be it Emails, Push Notifications, Text messages or Clubcard issuance. All of this at “Tesco scale”. All of our Applications and Services need to be able to handle millions of requests per day, tolerate failures, scale in response to load; do all of this while placing security at the heart of everything we do.
We operate a DevOps philosophy. We release multiple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day.
There’s a great atmosphere and we work sustainably as a team. Tesco has a “do the right thing” mentality and we promote flexible working.
As a Software Development Manager, you’ll be leading an agile team of industry-leading engineers. You will be responsible for the future direction of the products that we build, solving problems, encouraging your team and developing new features through quality, scalable, performant and maintainable technical solutions. The solutions that you and your team will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting millions of customers.
- C# and Java 8+
- Microsoft Azure or an equivalent cloud platform
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices
- Linux and Docker Containers
- Fluent English
- Previous experience with management of software engineering teams
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience in C# and Java
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability
- Private medical care
- Multisport card
- Learning platforms such as Pluralsight and Safari books
- Development opportunities
- Competitive salary
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org