About Tesco Technology, Forecasting team
The Forecasting team makes sure customers get what products they need when walking into a Tesco Store. We do it by advanced forecasting, where we contribute to waste reduction and optimal stock holding. The nature of our products is real-time data inputs, machine learning, and applied statistics.
We take responsibility for the software through its entire lifecycle. We practice continuous integration, delivery, and support our code through to production and beyond. There’s a great atmosphere, and we work sustainably as a team. Tesco has a “do the right thing” mentality, and we promote flexible working.
As a Software Development Engineer, you’ll be using your in-debt knowledge to implement end-to-end development. You will be writing maintainable code and observe the best practices of coding, writing secure code by default, and produce test-driven features that demonstrates you are comfortable with the TDD cycle. The solutions that you and your team will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting hundreds of thousands of Tesco customers.
- Hadoop, Hive, HBase
- Spark, PySpark
- Python Or Scala
- Fluent English
- Hands-on data ingestion and transformation experience (Sqoop/Nifi/Flume/Kafka/consuming APIs)
- Understanding of how to efficiently structure data on HDFS
- Previous Management experience
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability
- Design/Develop Batch and Streaming Framework and when to use which
- Understanding Of ML Techniques
- Private medical care
- Multisport card
- Company discounts and vouchers
- Development opportunities
- Competitive salary
For more details, email email@example.com