About the Tesco Technology Contact Service team
Within Tesco Technology, Contact Service owns the Customer Contact domain. We build and maintain applications which power our ability to manage Tesco Customer Address Book & Consent choices. We build solutions which manage all Contact with Tesco Customers, be it Emails, Push Notifications, Text messages or Clubcard issuance. All of this at “Tesco scale”. All of our Applications and Services need to be able to handle millions of requests per day, tolerate failures, scale in response to load; do all of this while placing security at the heart of everything we do.
We operate a DevOps philosophy. We release multiple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day.
There’s a great atmosphere and we work sustainably as a team. Tesco has a “do the right thing” mentality and we promote flexible working.
As a Software Development Engineer, you’ll be using your in-debt knowledge of C# and Java support your and your team’s code all the way to production. You will be writing maintainable code and observe the best practices of coding, writing secure code by default, and produce test-driven features that demonstrates you are comfortable with the TDD cycle. The solutions that you and your team will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting millions of customers.
- C# and Java 11+
- Microsoft Azure or an equivalent cloud platform
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices
- Linux and Docker Containers
- Fluent English
- Around 4+ years of experience as a developer with C# and Java
- Operating in the cloud would be a big plus
- Designing and developing systems for high availability and scalability
- Working with Agile methodologies
- Private medical care
- Multisport card
- Learning platforms such as Pluralsight and Safari books
- Development opportunities
- Competitive salary
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org