About the Tesco Technology CEP team
In Colleague Eventing Platform, we build integration platform, that enables multiple internal and external systems to integrate smoothly. With this platform, we avoid multiple p2p connections between systems and applications. Platform, that you will be responsible for, provides 100% guaranteed delivery, allows to track down every single message, and allows its customers to focus on their core business, instead of thinking “how do I integrate?”.
We take responsibility for the software through its entire lifecycle. We practice continuous integration, delivery and support our code through to production and beyond.
There’s a great atmosphere and we work sustainably as a team. Tesco has a “do the right thing” mentality and we promote flexible working.
As a Software Development Engineer, you’ll be using your in-debt knowledge of JVM and implement end-to-end systems. You will be writing maintainable code and observe the best practices of coding, writing secure code by default, and produce test-driven features that demonstrates you are comfortable with the TDD cycle. The solutions that you and your team will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting hundreds of thousands of Tesco colleagues.
- JVM (Java, Kotlin) as your main area of expertise
- Microsoft Azure, AWS or an equivalent cloud platform
- Messaging systems like Kafka or ActiveMQ
- Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices
- Docker and Kubernetes
- CI/CD tooling (Jenkins or equivalent)
- Fluent English
- Around 4+ years of experience as a developer with JVM
- Python would be nice to have
- Working with Agile methodologies
- Private medical care
- Multisport card
- Learning platforms such as Pluralsight and Safari books
- Development opportunities
- Competitive salary
For more details email email@example.com