Our client is a global firm that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. They seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the most excellent opportunities to the industry's brightest talent.
Their newly established Warsaw office gives them access to world-class talent with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
About the IT Team
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm.
About the Role
The position will support and collaborate with software engineering teams to manage daily processes and large projects within a Scrum methodology. The role will support back office teams and work closely with business users and on-shore development groups to coordinate project dependencies, schedules, delivery solutions, and resources.
The key focus is supporting major investment initiatives related to Portfolio Management software releases and technology upgrades. Provide project leadership and resource / timeline management to support efficient resource allocation, on-time delivery, on-budget financial results.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the planning and delivery of select software or system development initiatives.
- Guide story creation (requirement gathering), acceptance criteria definition, and release deployment processes.
- Responsible for status reporting and tracking for program/projects in purview
- Work with project teams to ensure that delivery is on time and budget
- Responsible for writing and maintaining the plan(s)
- Responsible for maintaining issue and risk logs and ensuring appropriate escalation and resolution,
- Manage team processes to ensure optimal delivery schedules, operational metrics, software quality, and team performance.
- Track cross-team dependencies and manage project conflict resolutions
Required Experience and Skills
- 10 plus years of experience working on software development or vendor systems integration projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use Program/Project management tools
- MS Project or equivalent
- Atlassian product suite (JIRA, Wiki)
- Fluent in the Software Development Life Cycle and tools,
- Experience holding Scrum meetings,
- Provide quality assurance checks for software deployment, data conversion, and operational support procedure updates
- Ability to update, rationalize, and create data flow diagrams, reference data, and story definitions to support requirement gathering activities.
- Experience working with Financial / Investment systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and provide project progress and financial metrics.
- Experience working with cross functional teams (at least 20+ people)
- Experience budgeting/forecasting and resource planning at the program and project level
- attention to details
- Create collaborative project delivery and management solutions with all levels of staff, locally as well as with global organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Level C1 or C2)
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Database experience, SQL relational database programming
- Experience with Tableau
- Programming experience: (VisualBasic, Python, or equivalent scripting language)
- Scrum master certification
- Microsoft Office suite
- Life insurance
- Private medical and dental care
- Private pension
- Business travel accident insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance reimbursement