Our client is a large US-based venture capital fund that makes early-stage investments based on data provided by a large internal tech team of data scientists and analysts.
The company has chosen Warsaw as the location of their first Central-European satellite office, and Ntiative is providing support in the recruitment of the team that will be the first boots on the ground.
We are looking for an outstanding Operations Manager who will be working as the second in command to the Head of Office.
This position is a unique opportunity to be part of the founding team of what will soon a global investment centre with over 200 employees.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in the financial services or fin-tech industry, with asset management as a plus, and a demonstrated track record in operations and facilities management.
He or she should have a passion for building a culture of excellence and innovation and a commitment to helping the organisation to operate effectively and efficiently.
How does a day in the office look like:
- Assist the Head of the Office in managing the strategic priorities of the office via close collaboration with relevant function heads
- Contribute towards defining the company's value proposition to local talent to recruit and retain the best talent
- Play a crucial part in building and maintain the organisation's culture in the Polish office
- Organise and streamline office operations and procedures to establish best practice standards following the firm's corporate governance
- Identify and manage vendors to provide security, building management, cleaning and catering
- Ensure business-critical services are delivered to local employees
- Serve as the organisation's ambassador in Central Europe and be the face of the office for all visitors
- Partner with HR, Recruiting and the Head of the Office to build the company brand, with external parties
- In partnership with the Head of Office and the Communications team, determine a cadence for communicating with local employees and plan social events
- Embody and ensure adherence to the internal ethical standards
What are we looking for:
- A minimum of seven years of experience in the financial services or Fin-tech industry
- Previous experience establishing a new office location for a global organisation
- A mindset with the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with employees at all levels in different locations
- Proven track record of managing complex projects
- Creative problem-solving skills, with an ability to identify obstacles and viable solutions
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to handle whatever comes your way
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in both Polish and English
- A relentless pursuit of excellence
- High integrity and commitment to ethics
- Strong relationships with local vendors for facilities and operational management of the office preferred.
If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and handle whatever comes your way, then this job is for you!
Due to the very confidential nature and time-sensitivity of this recruitment project, the company name can only be provided at a later stage.
Contact us for more information → firstname.lastname@example.org